To create an interactive website, Visit Gwinnett Place, to become a “go-to” place for finding businesses located within the Gwinnett Place Community Improvement District (within Gwinnett County, Georgia).
With more website visitors using smartphones and tablet devices, the VisitGwinnettPlace.com needed to be responsive so it would work equally well on desktop computers, tablets and smartphones, enabling customers to easily search for and locate stores using Google Maps.
Visit Gwinnett Place provides retailers in the Community Improvement District (CID) a greater online presence, and provides the public with news and information about the CID, separate from the official Gwinnett Place CID website.
Design-First integrated a business directory application with existing design elements to create a responsive, dynamic business directory.
- The system allows visitors to search by keywords or to find businesses based on categories.
- Each directory listing displays a Google Map and link for door to door directions.
- The system allows businesses listed in the system to offer online coupons and promotions, using their own login interface.
- Businesses can add their own listings to the website and update them at any time through a secure login page.
- Visitors can sign up for a free email newsletter in order to stay informed about Gwinnett Place.
- Visitors can report any problems with graffiti, lighting and more to Gwinnett Place CID staff.
- The VisitGwinnettPlace.com provides the Gwinnett Place CID staff an easy-to-use administration system for updating and approving listings in the system.
- The Gwinnett Place CID staff can add articles to the website, pointing website visitors to the Gwinnett Place CID website for additional news and information within Gwinnett Place.
The VisitGwinnettPlace.com is a success:
- The redesigned website is responsive.
- Thousands of Gwinnett County residents and people working in the area have used the system to find nearby business and driving directions.
- Retailers use VisitGwinnettPlace.com to promote their business and drive more traffic to their businesses.
- Gwinnett Place CID staff use the system to email eNEWS subscribers news and information of interest in the area.
- Visitors are reading articles and linking over the Gwinnett Place CID website for more information about Gwinnett Place.