The previous website was a handful of static website pages with no navigation and very limited information.
The challenge for designing the new Elmore Sand & Gravel, Inc. website was to create an engaging, informative and graphically appealing website that would reinforce the marketing message about Elmore being Alabama’s premier supplier of quality river gravel.
Elmore Sand & Gravel, Inc. offers a wide range of decorative, construction, filter and metallurgical gravels.
The previous website only had a few websites pages and few images showing the range of gravel and sand offered.
Design-First redesigned the Elmore Sand & Grvel website, with the following features:
- Implemented a responsive design for website viewing on desktop, tablets and smartphones.
- Utilized primary and secondary navigation so all pages are accessible using the top navigation menu.
- Added a search field so visitors can search by keywords and phrases.
- Created a slideshow with links to different product categories from the home page.
- Integrated a WordPress content management system so client can add new pages, update content and unpublish articles as needed.
- Added Google Analytics for tracking website utilization.
- Created callouts
- Created product galleries using large, detailed images.
- Created product comparison charts showing colors and sizes
- Created several information forms with Captcha,
- Added several form pages for users to request specific community documents.
- Added meta data on all pages.
- Added an automatic sitemap.xml application was implemented to provide search engines with all the pages in the website.
The new website has been well received by new and existing clients:
- Elmore Sand & Gravel is receiving quote requests, contact requests and resumes.
- The website works with desktop computers, tablets and smartphones.
- The website is now fully searchable by search engines.
- The website has increased natural organic search engine rankings.
- Updates to the website can be made quickly and easily.
- The website was relisted with major search engines to improve rankings.
- General public is able to easily find the information they need and see the differences between all the different products.